Lloyd Blankfein: Wouldn’t have pushed for fiscal stimulus – Bloomberg
Lloyd Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs is on Bloomberg Daybreak: Asia, commenting on the Trump budget, specifically the 1.5 trillion dollar fiscal stimulus included in the bill.
- Might not be the right time for stimulus spending
- ‘Probably’ wouldn’t have made that decision himself
- Akin to throwing gas on a fire that’s already burning
- It might work, but probably not worth the risk
- Would have to cancel spending if inflation overheats, which is a bad political move
- Would have to rely on monetary policy to keep inflation in check instead of natural economy