Fundamental and political news update
Within a busy and volatile market space today, there has been a stream of fundamental headlines that should be noted as follows:
- US Treasury Malpass: US global economy strong despite stock volatility.
- US Treasury sec Mnuchin: treasury tax guidance on pass-throughs coming soon.
- Goldman Sachs now sees annual us core PCE increase at 1.9% at year-end from earlier estimate 1.9% after Jan cpi data
- Goldman Sachs leaves subjective probabilities on march us rate hike unchanged at 95%.
- WU: opposes Senators Mccain & Coons’ bipartisan immigration plan, saying it would increase illegal immigration.
- US Trs Sec. Mnuchin testifying + additional key funda/political headlines